Friday, June 26, 2009

Trailer of the week time!

Happy Friday, movie geeks! Thanks for checking out Kevin's Movie Blog. I know I may have missed a week or two, but its time to get back to the trailer of the week, where I pick a trailer and, well, I talk about it.

Today's trailer is from the highly controversial director, M. Night Shyalaman, or as he is known, the Shamhammer. The movie is called The Last Airbender, which is based off of an anime series, which is supposed to be amazing, but, unfortunately, I haven't seen it. If any of you have, leave your thoughts in the comment section.

The trailer is a tease for what is to come, and while Night's movies have shown a steady decline since the Sixth Sense, I have always appreciated what he has tried to do. I think the Shamhammer has some great ideas, and some really bad ones (I'm thinking about the movie with the homicidal plants) but I think he has some great camera and lighting work, and an ability for suspense, I just don't know if he should be writing and directing a movie.

This trailer has an amazing, epic feel to it, with the kid literally blowing me away with his cool stick o' doom, all the time, showing a huge fleet of unknown people coming to kill him. I don't know much more than that, but it makes me really want to find out more, which is exactly what the trailer is supposed to do. I will caution you, while the Shamhammer's trailers are always amazing, they are also known to be a bit misleading, so, don't think we know all there is to know just yet.

Without further delay, I present the teaser trailer for The Last Airbender.

No comments: