Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Hangover review

I realize that if your the type of person that was interested in the trailer, you are probably not going to care what I think, you probably have already seen it. But, since I saw it, and loved it and enjoyed it with my friends, I wanted to give you my opinion anyway...ya know, just so ya know.

The Hangover synopsis is simple: four friends celebrate one of their owns last day of being single in Vegas with a great bachelor party, so great that when they wake up the next day, no one can remember anything and the groom-to-be is no where to be found. Now, three friends must trace their steps to find their friend before the wedding.

I always hate it when I see the trailer and laugh my ass off, so I have to go to the movie and see what other shenanigans are in store; when I get to the theater, it is two hours of letdown, with one minute and thirty seconds of fun; the same fun that was in the trailer. I can safely say this is not one of those movies, they truly save some of the best parts for the movie. The characters are funny, the writing is crisp, and the setups are hilarious. The best part of the movie is the mystery, however. About half way through, you are truly trying to figure out what happened and put the pieces together to find the groom.

My favorite character in the movie is Mr. Chow, an Asian mobster who gets tangled up in the crazy night, and afterwards wants the money the group stole from him. This guy has some of the best lines in the movie and is pure comedy gold the whole time. My favorite line is of Zack Galifinakis's Alan trying to negotiate with him saying "it's ok, I hate Godzilla too!"

Overall, I have to say I loved this movie. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard for so long in a movie theater, I mean, it was solid laughs from the beginning, all the way through to the credits. I highly enjoyed everything and recommend it to anyone who is in the mood to laugh. I also recomend to enjoy it with some friends, because the quotes in the movie will offer many laughs at the bar later.

I give it a 9 out of 10

FUN FACT: The foul-mouthed band featured near the end of the movie is the "Dan Band", the same band from Frank's wedding in the movie Old School (2003).

No comments: