Monday, June 1, 2009

Christopher Titus Live ROCKED!

I know this is a movie blog, mainly, but the other word "Kevin's" means I can post this post anyway. Besides, Christopher Titus was in a few TV shows, including "Titus" oddly enough. He was also in Killer Clowns From Outer Space so it's not that far of a stretch. Anywho, I got a chance to join my sister and brother-in-law for a wonderful night in Tampa for his stand up, and it was great!

For those of you who don't know, Titus is one of my favorite stand up comedians, I can pretty much recite all of Norman Rockwell is Bleeding without trying. He just recently had a Comedy Central Special called Love is Evol, which was also hilarious. Last nights stand up was a mixture of old and new bits with an unparalleled energy and delivery. Titus had incredible energy onstage, and thanks to a fairly cozy venue, was able to interact with the audience and provide a very entertaining, side splitting evening for all.

The stand up often focused on Titus's personal life, which is generally full of drama, and is always entertaining. My favorite bit was regarding him trying to impress his current girlfriend by "acting cool," which, according to the comedian is not a good idea. After pulling myself off the ground from laughter, he mixed politics and parenting, divorce and love, Ice Cream and Outer Space and it was great! He also focused on that little voice inside us all he calls "your inner retard," which was done so well and made everyone not only laugh, but empathise with the comedian.

An interesting little tidbit, he mentioned he was working on a new TV show he was hoping to have out for mid season (probably March-ish) which really got the audience wanting more.

So, it was a great night, if you got a chance to go, let me know what you thought. If you didn't get the chance this weekend, I highly encourage you to check it out next time he's in town.

No comments: