Sunday, May 10, 2009

Wow! Trek then and now a look at the trailers

I know there has been a ton of info and posts on Star Trek lately. I will move on, but the movie was just so darn good (a review to come). I was looking back at the trailers of the previous Star Trek movies, along with a great post on Rotten Tomatoes and I watched the Star Trek the Motion Picture trailer. After watching this trailer, I was kinda creaped out, and I kinda laughed at the obscurity of it all. After I composed myself, I realized what a long way not only the movies, but the trailers themselves have come. A strategy of an eerie voiceover monologue guy and bizarre, acid-trip inducing effects have gone by the way side and have been replaced by action, and lots of it. So, here is the original trailer, and for reference, I will include the new trailer as well. Enjoy!
Bonus Points to anyone who knows who the voice over monologue guy is (without looking).



And now, the new Star Trek movie, currently in theaters!

3 comments:

Grogg said...

You're killing me bro. I wanna look SOOO bad. Can't place the voice.

Hmmm....Anthony Hopkins?
Gene Roddenberry himself?
You?

Grogg said...

Orson FRAKKEN Welles??????

Seriously? Wow
Lol I do suppose his credibility went from directing the greatest film of all time to a fat sycophant voicing trailers and voices in the first Transformers movie.

Kevin said...

Orson Frakken Welles indeed!
Ding Ding Ding! Tell him what he's won Don! ... ... ... it works better when there's someone else here.
Anyway, weird trailer, huh?