Friday, May 29, 2009

Danny McBrides new project

So, a friend made me watch the first 10 minutes of a show I had never heard of called Eastbound and Down. What can I say, I'm poor and can't afford things like HBO and Showtime. Anywho, after seeing this clip about a fowl-mouthed baseball pitcher who quickly gets to the top of the MLB, only to have his ignorance drop him out of baseball completely, and I guess the show is him traveling across country, living with his fall from fame. Danny McBride is absolutely hilarious in the part I have seen and I immediately put the season in my Netflix queue.

So, his new project sounds kinda similar, except with a hilarious twist. The movie Hench, based on a comic book is about a football player who has a career-ending injury, forcing him to work as a henchman for a supervillain. This sounds like comedic gold to me. If McBride brings the same kind of ignorance to this character, this could be a hilarious movie.

So, go check out the first few minutes of Eastbound and Down on Youtube now. The language makes it NSFW, but it is worth your time.

No comments: