Saturday, May 9, 2009

Trailer of the week!

I am late, once again, but this time, movie geeks, I have a good reason, I had to go see Star Trek. More on that later, but let me just say, it was awesome!
Now, down to the important part, the trailer. This week's pick is District 9. Throughout the last few big movie premieres, conventions and film festivals, we have seen some "viral marketing" in the signage of a district 9 with a slash through it, and a picture of an alien with no other explanation, begging you to find out more. This trailer does something similar, it starts off slow, kinda boring, and then it hits you with a bombshell, we aren't talking about violence in another country, we are talking about what the world decided to do with an alien landing! It's kind of a shocker, then you see some humans interrogating an alien that makes you feel sorry for the poor alien. By the end of the trailer, you have no idea whats going on, who is who, and what kind of movie it will be, you just really want to know more, which is the sign of a very effective and kinda eerie trailer.
Let me know what you think! It did peek my curiosity, despite its kind of slow and uneventful start. The one thing about this trailer I don't like is, I have no idea what kind of movie it is, is it Sci-Fi, or action, drama, or is it show all documentary like? I don't know, but I'm sure we'll hear more from this soon!

2 comments:

Grogg said...

lol "slow and uneventful start" to a 1:44 trailer. How short is your attention span bro. :P

I like, I'm intrigued and good things only come from that. Well except that time I went home with that Thai tranny hooker....

Kevin said...

you know I have the attention span of a stewed turnip! This trailer is really interesting, not quite as gripping as some, but it leaves me wanting to google the crap outta the title!