Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Twilight 3's new director...and his opinions on Twilight

Twilight 3 has hired its director to start pre-production. They hired David Slade (feel free to use the IMDB toolbar down at the bottom because I'm too lazy to look him up). Unfortunately, that is not the news, the news is Slade's views on Twilight, per a radio program he was on last year, Slade was quoted as saying he would not even watch Twilight drunk, and if someone held a gun to his head, he would rather have them shoot him.
Yes, because that is the kind of director you want to helm a big budgeted blockbuster, brilliant work Twilight guys! Obviously, the passionate and sometimes stalker Twilight fans are not too happy about this, resulting in some serious attempts by Slade to remove his foot from his mouth now he is getting paid a crap load of money:
"When I made these comments, I had neither seen the film nor read the books. I was promoting a comedy short film that I had made for Xbox and every pop culture subject was seen as a possible comedy target. I was being silly and none of the statements were from the heart.
Of
course , I have since seen the movie and read the books and was quickly consumed with the rich storytelling and the beautifully honest characters that Stephenie Meyer created.
I would like to reassure everyone involved that I am invested in making the best film that I am humanly capable of, and that I am acutely aware of the power of the original books we serve.
"
This is Hollywood talk for "now that I'm getting paid, I love this franchise."
I don't know about you, but I don't think this is the start the studio wants for the third film in the franchise.

No comments: