Monday, July 20, 2009

Futurama is back, but without Fry, Lela and the rest

Last month, I reported here that Futurama was coming back to cable TV after several years on hiatus. I also reported, that thanks to great DVD sales, Cartoon Network was bringing everyone back for a 26 episode season. Obviously, the world was jumping up and down in excitement.


That is, until today, when we find out that the original voice actors on the show refused to take the modest increase in pay from last time and have bailed out, leaving the network with a show, but no voice.


So, now, we have Fry, the Professor, Lela, Bender and the rest, but for all we know, Michael Clarke Duncan could be the voice of Fry (he isn't, I just whipped that name outta my...head).


So, what do you think, will you watch this new Futurama without the voicework?

2 comments:

Alicia said...

In an attempt to form an educated opinion on this entry, I decided to actually WATCH Futurama. I have to admit, I am a die hard Family Guy fan (establishing my credibility as being a member of the "Dennis Miller Ratio"). So, I went on Half.com, purchased the first season for 8.99 plus shipping. I waited excitedly (Kevin Hopp cannot be wrong) for my shipment. It finally arrived today! I popped it into the DVD player and prepared to literally pee my pants from the anticipated hilarity. 3 Episodes later, I came to this surprising conclusion: you owe me 8.99 plus shipping. Do NOT disappoint me again :-P

Kevin said...

Not a Futurama fan, eh? I understand. The first season, especially is not my favorite, but I did like the show. But, even after 3 episodes, you could see how a different set of voices could screw things up.

Thanks for giving it a try, and taking my word for it....the checks in the mail! :/