Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Parents, pay attention!

So, after watching the blockbuster Watchmen, I have read at least 20 reviews, some good, some bad, all were interesting to read. There is a few stories, that are growing in number, that mirror my experience; one I found a bit alarming, and that's the amount of young kids watching this movie, something I don't seem to understand.
I loved Watchmen, as you can tell from my previous review, however, Watchmen is not a tame movie, it's a raw, brutal, gruesome tale with plenty of violence, language and nudity that is not suitable for children. I understand children today are subject to more of these things than in my day (holy crap, does that make me sound old, or what?!?) however, there is something to be said for at least making the attempt as parents. This does not mean taking your 9 year old to see a movie on the far side of R.
I'm not a parent, nor do I have any plans to be one soon, but no matter what, I would not take my soon-to-be niece or nephew to a movie like this until they are old enough to see it.

No comments: