Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bone-headed marketing move of the week

In a dumb marketing move, Sci-Fi Channel is looking to adjust its image. So, unfortunately, Sci-Fi is no longer Sci-Fi, it is now SyFy, and their motto is "Imagine Greater."
The move is to distance people, according to the head of the network is to distance itself from "antisocial geeks, and nerds, and, in general the male populace." Apparently, the network is trying to go more mainstream, and go further away from movies like Raptor 4, and Carnosaur, and more to .... I don't even know, something WE would air. I am just too upset to even get this out, Sci-Fi was one of my favorite networks, it's something I could always turn to, and now they are saying they are trying to run away from me... and call me antisocial. I can't believe it, is this some cruel joke? I don't know, but I don't see how this will make a difference, I mean, the programming is what people tune in for, not because of the name of the network, so now, you just alienated the people that watch the network.....great move, bonehead!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Talking about biting the hand that feeds you!!