Monday, March 23, 2009

A new Muppet movie by Jason Segal!?!

There has been some talk about Jason Segal of Forgetting Sara Marshall fame to pen a script for a new Muppet Movie. Clearly, after seeing Forgetting Sara Marshall, he is into muppets, and after seeing his interview with Jimmy Fallon last night, he seems to have a real passion for the Muppets, and he has the ability to write funny scripts, so I see this as nothing but positive, even though it will be weird not having a Henson at the helm of a Muppet movie, I think this reinvention could be what the franchise needs to get back on its feet.
I used to love the Muppets as a kid, and still do, in fact. I mean, Muppet Treasure Island has to be one of the best movies EVER....well, maybe not quite, but it's one of my favorites, so it will be interesting to see what Segal can do with it....I mean, there is comedic gold there!
They just have to bring back Waldorf and Astoria, the two old guys in the balcony....if you have them, you've got a winner!

No comments: