Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Unbreakable 2?


Director M. Night Shyamalan has announced he wants to do a second Unbreakable movie, stating he really loved that movie and shouldn't have listened to critics after the harsh reviews pored in. "I made the mistake of getting caught up in the hype of the immediate reaction of the movie, which, experience has shown me, is not accurate to any of my movies." He also said he loved the comic book genre and hopes he can continue to express who he is in his films, because, ya know, everyone knows he a crazy, creepy guy, with a twist at the end....umm, maybe it's not such a good idea, Night.

So, I have liked a few of his movies, Sixth Sense was good, but the problem is, it turned into one, giant cliche, Unbreakable was pretty good, I like the Village quite a bit, Signs was ok, and the Happening was just awful. But, what I'm noticing as I'm typing this is, his movies have shown a constant decline in originality, execution, script writing and overall entertainment value. So, can Night turn around the downward spiral and wow audiences again, or is he just jerking off? (it's another Blazing Saddles reference) What do you think, a big M. Night fan, or one of his many, many critics?

No comments: