Saturday, September 13, 2008

Captain Fresh Prince?

Ok, so I guess I need to work on my headline writing, or hire the guy that does the army mission names to do my headlines....ya know, something like "operation bad mother....shut your mouth," or ya know, something cool! So, Marvel, the brains behind movies like Spiderman, Iron Man, Punisher, and Fantastic 4 have already announce they are making a Captain America movie. This is amongst the new theme of recreating the Avengers. Sources have stated that the top person on their list to play the original boyscout with the shield is Will Smith. Yes, you read that right, Captain America played by Will Smith......I'll let that sit for a moment....
So, the question is, what do you think about that? It is certainly a bold move, perhaps in an attempt to show how far society, and in particular film has come by hiring an African American to play a character that was always white. And, let's face it, he is Mr. July, the guy has the highest return for movies out of any main actor, especially in July. And, of course everyone loves Will Smith; he is one of the few actors who has an 'every man quality' about him, he doesn't have a demographic. Oh come on, don't tell me it's not cool to like Will Smith, he is truly one of the best actors of my time. So, would you see a Captain America movie with Big Willie himself? I would, provided they don't try to do the whole dark is better movie, it's Captain America, it needs to be lite, fun, and have an infallible hero.

No comments: