Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Spiderman on Broadway

You heard it, Spiderman is coming to Broadway, as early as Spring, 2009. Marvel has had plans to make their leading superhero into a musical for over 3 years, and have The Edge and Bono, of U2 creating the score.
I love musicals as much as the next guy, but......wait, the next guy doesn't like musicals? Oh, well, I guess that phrase still works......so, this is a terrible idea. The conflict of Spiderman and Peter Parker is a good one, but it was expertly created in the first two movies (don't get me started on the third) so, I don't know what you could expect to accomplish on Broadway. I also think the target audience will be tough to convince this is worth their time. Who knows, anyone think otherwise?

1 comment:

Kevin said...

The two leads have been leaked. This is big, as I'm told these two have had quite an impact on Broadway. Evan Rachel Wood and Jim Sturgess. Two big names, and a lot of hype could mean this will be bigger than I thought.