Friday, September 19, 2008

Tomorrowland, The Movie!

Yep, you heard it here, first, or rather you read it here, at some point, hopefully sooner than your local news channel. Anyway, Disney Pictures has announced that they are trying to capitalize on Pirates of the Caribbean by making another movie based on a theme park ride, Tomorrowland. The movie will star Dwayne "I'm not the Rock anymore" Johnson, and is scheduled tentatively for a late 2010 release. The movie is billed as an 'epic action adventure.'
Before Pirates of the Caribbean, I would never have thought movies based on theme park rides would be a good idea. Now, I think it will eventually turn out to be more like movies based on Video Games. Pirates was magic in a bottle, and I don't think it will be easy to have that kind of talent on one screen again. And, let's face it, The Rock is great, but he's no Johnny Depp.
Can anyone think of another ride they have that would make a good movie? I haven't been to the theme parks in awhile, so I don't know what they have, but there has to be something better that Tommorowland, right?

No comments: