Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ghostbusters 3?

So, the Chicago Tribune has an interview up from Harold Ramis (Egon) that there will be a third Ghostbusters movie, and that the original cast will be back, atleast in some aspect.
So, I'm sure this will be a common theme on this blog, but what do you think about going to the graveyard and digging up 80's magic and giving it another whirl?
First of all, I am a huge fan of Ghostbusters. The first movie was pure gold with great characters, some good acting (I loved Louis Tulley, played by Rick Moranis) and a fun story. According to IMDB, this was the highest grossing comedy before Home Alone came out. Damn you Macaulay Culkin, anyway. The best and one of the most iconic scenes in the movie is when the Stay-Puft Marshmellow man comes walking through downtown New York. It's classic.
I don't think, however that magic can be made twice, and I think, like too many remakes, it will fall greatly short of the original. Remember, for every Batman remade, there are 50 Psycho remakes. I guess we'll find out eventually, since I hear this project is moving forward. The only thing I am really excited about is the proton packs they wear. With some really sweet special effects, those things could look amazing. So, call up George Lucas, he needs our money somehow, he sure as heck isn't going to get it from any more Clonewars movies, and maybe this movie could be ok!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it is great news they are going to make ghostbusters 3