Monday, April 20, 2009

TV Edits that make you cringe!

I got this video of the edit FX did to make Snakes on a Plane more TV friendly from /Film and it just made my jaw drop. I mean, the line I am talking about is THE signature line in the movie, it involves Samuel L. Jackson striking such an obvious hero pose, it's silly, and uttering a line that makes me shed a tear of joy....however, this edit, makes me laugh and feel dirty about laughing.
I'm sorry, but if you have to edit a line like this, maybe you shouldn't air the movie. I am a huge advocate for not editing movies, as far as I'm concerned, it's like putting a F*%$ing censor box over the Mona Lisa, if you don't like the artists work, don't watch. Don't get me wrong, here, Snakes on a Plane is no Mona Lisa, but it is silly, cheesy fun, and when that snake jumps out of the barf-bag, I still bounce off the ceiling.
Check out the video below...and see how editing is really done! *End sarcasm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Monkey Fighting?!? There aren't any monkies. I like it when they say Mother Father instead of the other part.