Monday, April 20, 2009

is PG-13 ruining Horror?

With the news that Sam Raimi's (Spiderman, Evil Dead) new movie Drag Me To Hell working to get a PG-13 rating, there are a few columns that have said that filmmakers watering down their film to get a PG-13 rating is ruining the horror days of old. What do you think, is the idea of a PG-13 horror movie turn you off of the movie?
I personally agree with the idea of watered down horror movies, I mean, I would be stupid to say they don't exist, however, not all PG-13 movies are watered down horror movies. I think some movies out there don't have to be R-rated to be good, however, I think when you make the movie you come right out and say yes, it's PG-13, or we will rock the R, but don't be wishy-washy and make an R movie, and realize you'll get more money if you shift it to PG-13, and I hope that's not what Raimi did, but I have a feeling the studios took over and worked him like a little kid in India.
So, what do you think, watered down horror, or crappy writing....you decide!

No comments: