Friday, April 17, 2009

Trailer of the week!

It's Friday, movie geeks, and you know what that means...no, not that Dollhouse is on tonight, no, not that you have two whole days to play Fallout 3 (guilty) it means its time for Trailer of the Week.
Today's trailer just came out. A shorter, teaser version had been out for some time, but this trailer is the last, and most current, and, by far the best in a series full of great theatrical moments. I'm talking about Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I've always liked the movies, but I've always felt that I was missing a lot of back story and felt like I only got part of a bigger picture by not reading the books. I understand there is copious amounts of material that simply can't be put in a movie, but I still think you should get a well rounded story, not cut scenes from a storyboard based on a book. Anyway, I digress, back to the trailer. This trailer looks incredible, dark, and it feels like we are reaching the culmination of a characters journey that gets me onto the edge of my seat. Before someone wants to come running in, screaming spoilers from the book, don't bother. I know how the movie ends, but in no way does that effect how excited I am for this movie after the trailer. I will be there at midnight with all the Pott-heads...wait, um, Potter-heads....Harry-Heads....death eaters....Granger's gang? I dunno, but I will be there.
Check this trailer out, it perfectly sets up a battle and doesn't give away too much at the same time.

No comments: