Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Star Wars Clone Wars review


Let me start off by saying I am a huge Star Wars fan. I love all 6 movies, some more than others, but I would say all are very good. I also love the Clone Wars TV show, I think it's is beautifully rendered, the plot is gripping, and they avoid a lot of the problems with knowing the outcome of the battle.

That being said, the movie released in theatres and recently on DVD is absolutely awful, I mean that thing is bad. There is one certain thing in Star Wars that should never happen, and that is me looking over at the clock over and over again, waiting for the end to come. This was supposed to be a movie about a key moment in a key war in the universe, its something that ties, or destroys this fascinating universe that has been laid out for us. The characters are already familiar to the audience, so, I could understand a little less character development, unfortunately there is none. They introduce a new character, the Padawan to the reluctant Anakin Skywalker, Ashoka Tano. Unfortunately, she comes across as so annoying, I was hoping she would get a light saber upside the head throughout the movie, which is unfortunate, because she is actually a great part of the story in the series. The movie is just battle scene after battle scene and varies very little. The overall plot of rescuing Jabba's baby is terrible, and frankly, it's never something I care about, because, it's Jabba the Hut, and he's a bad guy. On top of that, they force Padme in at the very end, because they couldn't find any place else to put her. It's just the last of the many atrocities of story telling this movie has.

I highly recommend seeing the series, and in no way, is this movie required to clear up anything. So, don't watch this movie, not even a free rental, not even if a friend brings it over, not even if its on Cartoon Network at 2 am and there is nothing else on, not even if your too lazy to get up and change the channel and it is currently on the tv; NOT AT ALL!

Was that clear enough? I give it a 3 out of 10

No comments: