Monday, December 15, 2008

AFI's top 10 of the year:

So, the American Film Institute has announced, in no particular order (cowards) the top 1o movies of 2008. I have never been a big fan of the institute, or their lists of best movies, simply because I believe they are all old people, who have lost their touch with society. I believe society changes, and so do the movies, it doesn't make them better or worse, just different. They see it differently, I guess. Anyway, here are the movies, I'm a bit surprised, pleasantly, that Iron Man made the list, but I have heard good things about everything on this list, the only thing that strikes me as a bit odd is that most of these movies have come out within the last 2 months. Is this a whole "what's fresh in the mind" type problem, or did most of the quality movies come out recently?

THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON
THE DARK KNIGHT
FROST/NIXON
FROZEN RIVER
GRAN TORINO
IRON MAN
MILK
WALL-E
WENDY AND LUCY
THE WRESTLER

And, does AFI really need to have the one-kneed approach to Clint Eastwood too? It's bad enough the Oscars already do. Let me know if you agree, or what movies were left off this list!

No comments: