Friday, October 23, 2009

Top Comedies of all time? That's a tough list...

Alright, so I decided I was going to do a top 10 or 15 list of comedies. The tough part about comedies is that it takes different elements to make different people laugh. So, while some people may find fart jokes entertaining (and who doesn't) some people like a more intellectual approach.

Obviously the list won't please everyone, but I'm gonna do my favorites. Here is where I need YOUR help. Every time I do a list, I always think of one later on that truly should've been on the list. So, what do you guys think should be on there? Is it hard to think of some? I know, it's not easy. But, instead of working, I was busy thinking of great comedies for a bit of a list. Don't worry, I worked a bit, too. So, here is a list of comedies that came to mind, to make your decision making a bit easier.

Thanks for the input.

40 year old virgin
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
Airplane
Anchorman
Animal House
Austin Powers
Balls of Fury
Beer Fest
Blazing Saddles
Borat
Caddyshack
Captain Ron
City Slickers
Clerks
Clerks 2
Dr. Strangelove
Dumb and dumber
Fargo
Ferris Buellers Day Off
Ghostbusters
Harold & Kumar Go to Whitecastle
History of the World Part I
Hot Shots
Life of Brian
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Monty Python The Meaning of Life
Naked Gun
National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
National Lampoon’s Vacation
Office Space
Old School
PCU
Raising Arizona
Replacements
Robin Hood: Men in TightsShaun of the Dead
Shrek
Spaceballs
Super Troopers
Support Your Local Sheriff
Swingers
The Big Lebowski
The Blue’s Brothers
The Hangover
The Jerk
The Princess Bride
The Three Amigos
Tropic Thunder
Van Wilder
Waynes World
Wedding Crashers
Young Frankenstein
Zombieland
Zoolander

3 comments:

Rabid Nick said...

Excellent list sir.
A few of my favorites not represented:

--Clue
--Mars Attacks
--Army of Darkness
--Meet the Fockers

and The Shining

Anonymous said...

Striptease, that was entirely laughable.
-Michelle

Kevin said...

Brian, I don't know how I could've missed those...despite Army of Darkness being in the "horror" section at the Block.

And, Belle, I knew I could count on you!!!