Monday, December 20, 2010

Should Indy go to the tomb in the sky?

There are some serious rumors today about what Harrison Ford has said is in store for the next Indiana Jones flick. Yes, there are rumors of another Indiana Jones, but the surprise is that Ford allegedly wants to kill of Indy. I know!

Apparently, George Lucas doesn't particularly like the idea, but Steven Spielberg kinda does. It puts things into a pickle a bit, but the last film strongly hinted at the idea of a passing of the torch to Shia LeBeuf's character. When the torch never actually got passed, it seemed like one of the films many flaws, but are they going to fix that in this film? The better question is should they?

I don't know about you, but I grew up on Indy and his legendary adventures. He was a hero, and a truly memorable one. I bet right now, you could quote atleast five lines, and everyone can recognize the theme song. So, how devastating would it be to see the hero die? And don't tell me I am going to find comfort in the arms of Shia, because, as much as I like him, it just doesn't work here. So, no, I don't think he should die. I could see a reboot of the series, or another film without Indy in it, but not a scene depicting his death. I just don't think I could handle it.

What do you think? Another movie is more than likely in the works, so how would you have them handle it?

No comments: