Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Heath Ledgers Joker to cameo in Batman 3?

I've read multiple articles now over a rumor regarding the appearance of Heath Ledger's Joker in the third Batman film. The rumor is that director Christopher Nolan wants a bit of continuity between the second and third films, and as a result, could use archived and CGI footage to give the Joker a cameo in the third film. Is this insulting, or a good move by a wise director?

You will never hear me question Nolan on a decision because with his films, it's clear he deserves the benefit of the doubt. He's also way smarter than I am, so IF the rumor is true, and that is his decision, than fine. But, currently, Cinematical is reporting that the rumor is false, so all this speculation could be for nothing.

But, would you have a problem with the move if there was a mention or a cameo? My personal opinion, and that's all that it is, an opinion, is that as long as it doesn't turn into a way to exploit the late actor, then it's fine. But, if they have pictures of the Joker on the poster, or mention Ledger's name, then it's simply for exploitation, which is what I would have issue with. But, I wouldn't mind as Batman is fighting criminals in Archam Asylum, you see the Joker in the distance, showing a bit of a plotting look or something. That's all it would have to be, and it would give me shivers.

What do you think? Is that role taboo?

2 comments:

Summer said...

I think you're exactly right. It would be really neat to have a cameo of the Joker or maybe even just a mention of him in the next Batman film. If Nolan wants to continue things from the Dark Knight it would have to at least say something about the Joker. Maybe how he is doing in Arkham or behaving or whatever. It's really sad. I always wonder what would Nolan have done for the next movie if Heath Ledger was still alive.

Anonymous said...

Do you people have a facebook fan page? I looked for one on twitter but could not discover one, I would really like to become a fan!