Saturday, February 21, 2009

2 pieces of news I must share and comment on

Good afternoon movie peoples! This week has had its ups and downs as far as movies go. Rumors were flying, I'm sure there was people crying and somewhere, Christian Bale said the "F-word." But, I am not the biggest fan of gossiping about something that is just put out there for tabloid peoples job security, so I won't be reporting about Lindsey Lohan, or Britney Spears, or the latest Batman rumors, only facts....ish.
  • First on the chopping block is Battlestar Galactica. There is news today it is coming to the big screen. That's great news, the series has been a huge hit and has been hailed as some of the greatest TV in the history of man. The bad news, however, is it's not based on the current show, that we all know and love. No, it's based on the original '60s show. Umm, what? So, you just want the fans to forget about the characters they loved, and forget about how they were told to forget about the 60's version, for the new version, so now they have to forget that they were supposed to forget? That is craziness run amok and I think it's stupid. I hope, for the sake of the series they change their minds and simply take the series to the big screen.
  • Next up is some Superman news. This is coming after Warner Brothers seems to be trying to get their comic franchises back together to stop looking like a monkey playing with a ball, and start looking more like Marvel Studios. There was rumors that were later denied that the Wachoski's would helm the newest man of steel movie. Now, it seems there is no director, or writer, or star, but there is a title, Superman Unleashed. The new movie is supposed to be a sequel to the Bryan Singer dud, and is supposed to have Superman doing more than just stalking Lois Lane and sulking. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie, and think Brandon Routh is the clear choice to don the tights, but actually give Supes something to do, as opposed to him just crying that Lois doesn't love him anymore.
  • There is serious Watchmen anticipation from the fanboys out there, and early reviews have moviegoers saying the movie is a very faithful adaptation the comic, but they aren't sure how the comic adapts to a movie. While there is nothing that will keep me away from this movie, especially given the history and problems this movie has faced, I do believe this will be unlike any other comic book movie, good or bad.
  • Finally, I will end with some B.S. on Wolverine. This movie released 3 30-second trailers starting Sunday and ending on Tuesday, and while, from a marketing standpoint it's pretty good, from watching the trailers, the movie looks simply aweful. I admit, I geeked out a bit over a young Logan having a bone-claw, but from them dropping x-men cameos to what looks like a lame trailer, this movie has simply not generated the excitement I had hoped for. I may go see this in theaters, but, it may be just to see the train wreck continue from the last X-Men movie.

Well, there you have it, a whole bunch of movie news in one, neat column. Thank you for reading, and I hope everyone gets out there and checks out some movies. Sunday is the Oscars, a big night in movies, and while I will be watching, it won't be for the awards, rather to watch a bunch of people try to revive a dying awards show. I dunno, I may just watch it because Anne Hathaway is starting things out with Hugh Jackman, and Anne Hathaway is all sorts of hot; after Get Smart, I really enjoy her! I'm Kevin, and that's the news!

No comments: