Sunday, November 9, 2008

Movie stars to politicians?

Up there on the gossip lists this week is Top Gun star Val Kilmer, thinking of running for governor of his home state of New Mexico. The movie and TV star, currently the voice of KITT on TV's Knight Rider is consulting with California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger on the stress of the job, and how to properly make the transition.
So, with Arnold, Jesse Ventura, and former President Ronald Regan, does this mean you would be more inclined to vote for a movie star than a politician? Would the fact that it could say "Ice Man" on the ballot sway your vote, and do you feel more comfortable with a movie actor?
For me, personally, I may have a little biased toward people I have seen in movie roles, however, I think I have a tendency to over compensate to ensure I am voting on these people for their political views and not their movie merits. This does seem to be a bit of a trend with Hollywood lately, I mean George Clooney has a large political agenda for life after Hollywood, along with Tim Robbins, so this is an issue I think many of us will be talking about more and more. With that being said, do you think actors pick roles with politics in mind, I mean, no one wants to vote for a guy who plays a terrorist, or a supervillian. I think were pretty safe with Clooney, the guy played the nipple-hero Batman, Kilmer was in Real Geniuses, so you know he's smart, and Arnold was a Kindergarten teacher in Kindergarten Cop, so, if roles have anything to do with it, I think were ok, just don't get me started on Tim Robbins.

No comments: