Tuesday, November 4, 2008

the 3 Stooges are back!!!

That's right, I know everyone is excited about this. The three stooges are being brought back and made into a movie...wait, what?! How can you have a 3 stooges movie, aren't they all dead? Well, I don't know who they will cast, but I don't know how they can hope to come close to the comedic timing of the original trilogy.
I understand this not being a bad move, I mean Hollywood is in a remake phase right now, and the stooges haven't been touched for about 10 years, and they haven't made anything new for over 30 years, so at least it's not a back to back remake, like the Hulk, but...the Stooges? I dunno, there is something almost untouchable there, I mean, I remember waking up early in the morning and watching re-runs with my father and laughing hysterically, I'm not sure I want those memories tarnished by a half-hearted attempt to make money. No role is un-recast able, (look at the Joker, and 2009's Captain Kirk) but, I would say this would come close!
What do you think, are the Stooges untouchable?

No comments: