Monday, November 24, 2008

Billy Ray Cyrus is back? Ha!

So, I just read today that Billy Ray Cyrus is starring in a movie opposite George Lopez and the great Jackie Chan called The Spy Next door. This got me to thinking, I've seen way, way more of Billy Ray lately than I would like to. He has starred in 3 movies, most of which were direct to DVD nightmares, but he is there, nonetheless. 'Where did he come from,' I wondered, and that is when it hit me; isn't his daughter some really famous chick? Not as famous as Miley Cyrus, right? What, she is Miley Cyrus? Oh yeah, that's where he came from, his daughter.
I find it terrible, bad parenting and a simply horrible ethical move to use your daughter to get rich and famous. I mean, it's terrible that you thrust her into the limelight, made her a Disney star and splashed her entire teenage years over every paper in the world, but now, he's using that fame to make himself famous too, and that's crossing the line. It is clear he would never be famous on his own merit (Achy Breaky Heart....c'mon!) so he has to use his daughters incredible charm. As Daffy Duck would say, 'you're dispickable.'
So, don't take any lessons of parenting from this guy, and don't see his movies, unless they look really good, or if he is in there for like 30 seconds, or if there is a really hot women in there....well, you get the point!

No comments: