Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Indiana Jones in 3-D?


Alright, enough is enough. It seems like every other day, I read about some beloved franchise getting dusted off and converted into 3-D. This week, the news in one of my favorite franchises of all time, Indiana Jones. The question is, will people go see it.

Reports surfaced this week that claimed Lucas and Speilberg were looking into converting the beloved series just as Lucas is doing for Star Wars currently. Apparently, according to the article, this isn't the first time they have looked into resurrecting a franchise. The article states they played around with cleaning up Jaws, but thought better of it. I assume someone showed them Jaws 3.

I suppose I should be happy this re-release will bring an amazing movie like Raiders of the Lost Ark to a new generation, but maybe I still have a slightly bitter taste in my mouth after the dreaded fourth Indiana Jones movie. I also don't think 3-D will add anything to the movie, and if not done well, could take away from the story.

What do you think?

No comments: