Thursday, January 14, 2010

Who should play Peter Parker/Spiderman in the reboot?

Fantasy Casting time!!!

With the news out that Tobey Maguire and Spiderman are no longer synonomous, there is talk throughout Hollywood as to who could be next to put on the red and blue tights. There have been whispers of everyone from Zac Efron to Justin Timberlake, so lets take a look at my pick, and see if you have an idea of your own.


My pick has already solidified himself in several franchise movies already. For my pick, 2009 was a busy year, he played a young, futuristic Kyle Reese in Terminator Salvation, and was one of the only good things in that movie. He also went boldly where no one has gone before in Star Trek as Pavel Checkov. I’m talking about Charlie Bartlett himself, Anton Yelchin.

anton


The guy clearly has some idea of how to act, and he looks like he could easily pick up a high school-era Peter Parker, which is what the film is shooting for, and he has already shown he can handle the comedy when it comes around.

I’m not a fan of a reboot, I think it’s too soon, and a terrible idea to take the character dark and gritty, but if they do, this is my pick. Anyone else have any ideas?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i agree with your pick and that it is too soon for a reboot. but i'd still see it, probably as a rental