Monday, November 22, 2010

WTF news of the week - Abraham Lincoln comes to the big screen

Sadly, I'm not talking about the adaptation of the book Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. I'm instead talking about a rather bizarre project, helmed by Stephen Spielberg, doing a biopic on the 16th president. According to Yahoo, Spielberg had Liam Neeson cast as the $5 bill guy, but with Neeson dropping out after years of inactivity, it seems Daniel Day-Lewis is cast.

Am I the only person that doesn't see it? I mean, I guess he could look sort of like him, but I don't know if I care to see him as the president, let alone a biopic of the guy. While Lincoln's presidency is one of the more famous in history, I just don't know how they would make it interesting.

I'm not hating on the film before it's started, nor am I saying it will be boring, and with Spielberg helming the film, if it ever gets off the ground, it certainly has a good director at the helm, but from the little I've read, I'm left totally uninterested.

What about you, would you like to see an Abraham Lincoln biopic? And what about good old' Daniel Day-Lewis as Lincoln?

p.s. yes, I used Abraham Lincoln from Star Trek as the image. What of it?

2 comments:

Jasandra said...

Awww you used what I sent you.... HOLLER ur the best ever! Anyways I thought it was something different than Spielberg’s normal films, I am not interested in seeing it either. I just don’t see why they would make a movie about him & Daniel Day-Lewis looks nothing like him... Sometimes i think directors start to throw themselves at any idea that comes along.

Just my opinion thats all!
I love steven though.

Anonymous said...

I think Liam Neeson would have made a better Lincoln - still, it remains to be seen whether Day-Lewis is up to the task, which I personally think he is. He's one helluva actor.