Friday, September 18, 2009

Luke Skywalker Whitetrash? Spike TV thinks so

Here is the link to the top 10 Whitetrash heroes in all cinema, done by Spike TV.
First off, let me say I loved this list, but I'm a bit worried, because I liked all the movies on the list...what does that say about me? So, some of the names on the list include Val and Earl in Tremors (one of my favorites), along with Erin Brockivich, Lawrence from Office Space "what would you do with a million dollars? Two chicks at the same time."

The number one white trash hero on the list is none other than the savior of the universe, and the last Jedi, Luke Skywalker. Take a look at some of the reasons:
- He lives on a patch of dirt in the middle of nowhere

- He has lots of beat-up vehicles in his front yard
- He’s a greasemonkey
- He likes to make out with his sister
- He lives with his aunt and uncle ‘cause his dad killed his mom

When you put it like that, there is no argueing. Now, I've always hated Luke as a hero, and considered him whiney and annoying, but whitetrash is perfect.
 
Now, what do you think, whitetrash or just a misunderstood redneck. "I think you took that with a negative connotation, let's take a look at that word 'red' the color of fire, and passion; and neck....well, I can't think of anything for that, but you still have red!"  -James West, Wild, Wild West. 
(yeah, did that all by memory...I'm kinda a loser)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kinda a loser? Whatever!

Best article ever with the best ending quote ever!!

-Michelle

Kevin said...

hehe, thanks Bell!