Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Dear Savannah

So, you are a beautiful girl! Your mother and I couldn't wait for the big reveal with the doctor, so we went to a more private viewing of your beautiful self. Your mom and I were so nervous! Up until then, it was the biggest day in your life, and one of the biggest in ours. We saw your beautiful face, and we were both instantly in love. Love at first site happened when I met your mom, and it happened again on that day when I saw you.

"She has her legs open...just like her mom." Yeah, I don't know what your mom meant, just know that your mom was too happy for coherent words, and the lady at the sonagram place thinks you and your mom like to spread your legs.

In the days and weeks since, we have redid your room, gotten more clothes than you could ever wear and gotten diapers for your beautiful little bottom. I've been so nervous about the day you come, I have worked as hard as I can to get our house looking nice so your mom and you come hope to perfection. Sadly, it won't be perfect, but I hope you like it.

I also got armed. Yep, your grandfather gave me a shotgun. It's partly because I wanted one and partly because if I see a boy looking at you the wrong way, I will use it! Yeah, I've gotten really protective of you, too. The lady with the sonagram wand was getting a little physical last time we were there and I almost had to take her out. No one is hurting my little girl.

So, baby, that's it for now. I'm so happy you are getting so big. You are nearly two pounds now, and your mom and I are literally counting down the days until you come into our lives.

No comments: