Monday, April 22, 2013

Ramblings of a ...

So, my little peanut, I saw a bubble gun today and I thought of you. If you are thinking you are too grown up to think bubble guns are cool, I say that I am 31 (very old) and I still think bubble guns are awesome. I mean, they shoot bubbles! It got me thinking of all the toys I would want to get you.

I know some of these are going to be for when you are older, but, my peanut, we are not settling for a rattler. You've got to have one of those guns that shoot ping pong balls. I had one when I was young, and let me tell you... it will annoy your mother to no end! Also, when you are young, you don't need any of those annoying noise-making toys. They are over-rated. You will definitely need one of those power wheels. A boy or girl, it doesn't matter, you will need one of those. Also, a teddy bear is a must. Those things are classics, and you can't mess with a classic. Also, I'm thinking lots and lots of legos. Star Wars legos, cars, boats, houses, you name it, we will need to get you some. Be warned, however, that your father may enjoy the legos more than you. Deal with it, kiddo, it's fathers perogative (you can look that word up).

If you are a girl, Barbie dolls are it, but none of those stupid ones like trailer trash Barbie, or Gheto Barbie, no, you will be a princess, so anything but Princess Barbie just wont do.

If you are a boy, G.I. Joes, Army Men and Transformers. They rock. It still amazes me how those transformers are a guy and a car at the same time! Also, ask your uncle how awesome Army Men are.

I also need to teach you how to fish. Don't let me forget that, it's an important part of being a Floridian. Don't let your grandfather talk to you about snook, because he doesn't know how to catch one, but we will catch catfish, drown bait, and I will have a beer; you have one of those juice packs and it will be good times.

This week, we may have an idea if you are going to be a boy or a girl. I'm terrified! Don't worry, though, peanut, we love you either way! We just want you to be healthy, and we want you here more than anything. You don't have ears yet, but we will blast some Star Wars this weekend, just in case.

No comments: