Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Ramblings of a...

Hello! I'm Kevin. So, uhh, that's that. I haven't written here in a long time because, well, life outside the internet kinda happened. I got married, and it's been a whirlwind of awesome. So, instead of just writing movie stuff, well, it's gonna be all the Hopp's all the time, and well, there's movies. This blog post, the first of a few of them, will be something different.

This post, I'm writing not for any readers, or even for myself. This post is for my kid. At the moment, it's a peanut, and an 'it.' We just found out and it will be a long time before it can read this, but it's here, just in case.

So, peanut, we don't know if you are a boy or a girl, yet. Your mom and I are incredibly excited to have you. We have wanted you in our lives for so long, and finally, a miracle came and you are in the oven.

I know it's a bit impersonal, posting my letters to you online, but your mom and I have don't have much privacy, now, with her being Cuban, and everything being online, and it'll be even more public when your born, so this is a good way for you to get used to it.

There are billions of things you need to know. I'm only 31 right now, but I'm already starting to lose my memory, so I better get a few things down:

First off, Star Wars, you'll love it. I'm pretty sure you are already old enough...at a few weeks conceived to see Star Wars. You don't even have eyes yet, but you can listen...as soon as you get ears. You need to know the prequels will never be as good as the originals, Anakin Skywalker was just pre-Darth Vader and not a whiney adolescent and I'm forbiding you to like Jar-Jar Binks. And, yes, if they have one, you can have a real light saber. I have a fake one, and it's all yours one day.

Secondly, you can't compare Star Trek and Star Wars. They both start off with "Star" but that's where the similarities end. Both are awesome, for the record.

And, there's Doctor Who. Yeah, it's british, but that doesn't make it bad. It's amazing, and I can't wait to watch episodes with you.

Your mom and I have been together for a few years and we've been married for about a year and a half, now, so there's a certain B-word that if anyone calls you that, well, you let me know and I'll take them out, but if I'm not around you can simply say that doesn't apply to you. Your mom and I have have had an amazing time together so far. We've been on all kinds of adventures together, and there are many more on the horizon, and you will be our greatest adventure and we can't wait.

As I think of more things, I'll post them so I don't forget.
Also, I'm sorry because I'm not a very good baseball player. I will still teach you to throw a ball and how to hit the ball, but I never made it to the MLB.
Ok, that's it for now. We can't wait to see you, and December is how long you are going to be in there, so it can't come soon enough.

No comments: