Thursday, February 18, 2010

Too much trailer, or have I just seen too many?

Good ol' Rabid Nick and I were talking last night after we successfully guess the ending of Shutter Island, based on the trailer whether or not it was due to a crappy trailer or simply by us seeing too many of them. The Rabid One came up with a good point, blaming the mere concept of the film for the fact we've seen it before. If you want to check out the trailer, HERE it is.

So, while I would agree the concept is hardly new, and the twist, slightly used, this wouldn't be the first time the "surprise ending" was ruined by us nailing the ending 30 seconds into the trailer. While I think, for the most part, trailers these days to a great job of selling a movie for a specific demographic, I don't think they do a very good job of keeping secrets. So, go and check out a trailer, even Shutter Island, and see if you guess the ending correctly. At that point, pat yourself on the back, because you're a rockstar, or just blame it on the lack of creativity with some big box office movies, and either way, you'd probably be right.

So, what do you think, is it the trailers that give too much away, or are we just seeing too many? Let me know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The second I saw this trailer, I knew the ending. Crazy marketing people.
-Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hey Wassup?
I've been around here for a while now, and I finally found something worth writing about: I found a great deal on custom [url=http://www.milesgershon.com][b] Wood Entertainment Centers[/b][/url]. These guys have 24/7 call-in service and they installed AND delivered my custom [url=http://www.milesgershon.com][b] Wall Mount tv Cabinets [/b][/url]all for Free!!! I just bought from them, and I've never had a more seamless internet buy -they ACTUALLY called me to confirm the order and talk about delivery time… unreal!

Enjoy

Anonymous said...

I read a article under the same title some time ago, but this articles quality is much, much better. How you do this?