Friday, March 15, 2019

Wuv...Twue Wuv

Love; the subject of millions of songs, poems, musings, teenage angst and Tom Hanks movies. It's not easy to find, and everyone knows it. I mean, Bon Jovi tells us love is tough, right? So, how is it that I found it again? Not just once, but twice?! Yes, I have my amazing daughter and this new, amazing love that somehow feels not new. It feels like something familiar, and something pretty amazing that I've never seen. This story, like all good stories, is about a girl...

Her name is Cheree. I found her on a dating site. For some reason, I still feel kinda weird admitting that. Why is that? Anything that allows me to find people without having to dance and get drunk is a good thing. Anywho, I saw this really pretty picture of this person and you know how you can feel excited just be reading those things? Well, I did. The problem is I was planning on cancelling my membership. I hadn't much luck and didn't really want it anyway. Then, I got a message. It was from HER! The next hour was us going back and fourth, enjoying eachothers conversation. It seemed just so amazing.

We exchanged phone numbers and even talked on the phone. Then came the moment. Was she a big, hairy guy named Chuck? We would find out. The first date. It's like an interview, only more important. So, there I am at Panera's in the worst storm I've ever seen. Then, lightning struck, both literally and figuratively. Lightning hit the building I was in at the same time she came in. It was an omen.

For the next 4 hours we sat and talked. Yes, four hours. We broke the first rule of first dates. When we looked down, time had passed and neither of us could believe it. We also weren't ready for the date to end! Rule number two is now broken. She asked if I wanted to see a movie! Yeah, I loved this woman.

It was Spiderman: Homecoming. Right about the time Robert Downey Jr.s Tony Stark walked on screen, I reached in and held her hand. This was huge. The movie ended and there we were; a 6 hour first date and I just wanted more. A lot more. I reached in for a kiss during that akward moment and nailed it. The kiss was amazing, and passionate and closed down the world around us for a moment. I couldn't wait to see this girl again and she hadn't even left my sight yet. Yeah, I know, I fell hard.

No comments: